SEX, SEX and more SEX. As they say, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. With internet porn virtually in our laps, sex addiction has become an issue that has come into the spotlight over the last decade.
Nowadays Charlie Sheen doesn’t have to leave the house to get his bare ass on our screens. Porn stars, cocaine and an internet connection were all it took in Charlie’s case. Unfortunately for ol’ Tiger Blood the “goddesses” have packed up and left him to pursue the one-man show.
Or just ask how Tiger Woods and David Duchovny how they’re fairing after their escapades, Duchovny recently split with Tea Leoni for the second time and that can’t be cheap.
Duchovny was the first to own up to it but we also know that there are many more sex addicts out there, even though their stories may not be plastered across the front page of a newspaper.
Characterised by an unusually intense sex drive or an abnormal obsession with sex, those addicted have sex on the brain 24/7. They also have a bit of trouble admitting they have a problem, as do many other addicts. Sex addicts have a lack of control over the problem which makes the addiction hard to kick, just like a drug or alcohol addiction.
We are fascinated and hope you are too. We want to find out when it becomes unhealthy and the consequences of when it does and what it is like to be a sex addict. You know, get into his or her mind, maybe even yours?
Here are some questions that may help you diagnose a sex addiction.
- Do you have an obsession with sex?
- Do you compulsively masturbate?
- Do you more than often take risks to have sex that may lead to negative/dangerous consequences?
- Do you have a porn problem?
- Do you spend too much money on porn sites?
- Do you seek sex outside of your relationship continually?
- Are you hiding your use of porn from your partner?
- Does your drive for sex interfere in your relationship, work or social life?
- Do you use internet or phone to seek out sex?
- Do you engage in unsafe sex?
- Do you seek prostitutes to fulfil your sexual needs?
- Do you obsessively date through personal ads?
Answering yes to too many of these questions? We want to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want sex? Need fashion? We’ll give it to you on Twitter…